Email us with any questions you may have! Fill out this quick form and we will respond ASAP.
Our therapists say over and over (see testimonials) that couples who find them through our website are uniquely motivated, committed, and excited to finally find someone who supports their distressed marriage. This results in high quality referrals and more enjoyment from our therapists to do what they do best - grow and strengthen relationships. We let each therapist and each couple define what marriage means to them.
Are you a couples therapist
looking for help marketing yourself to prospective clients
already know the power of the internet to find new clients,
want to prove your credibility in a crowded couples therapy market?
believe in our mission and wish to be part of our important movement?
I could not be more pleased with my association with Marriage Friendly Therapists. The number of clients who find me through the site constitutes a steady stream, and I think the up-front philosophy attracts couples who genuinely want to save/rebuild their marital relationships. Thanks, and keep up the good work!
-Ed O'Brien , Ph.D., LMFT
We have thousands of couples every month who are thrilled to finally find more than just another listing of counselors. Have you gone online, doing a search like a couple would? You'll see why our website is so unique....
- instead of just a list of names and phone number (couples want to know more), we provide rich reasons why our therapists can help marriages in distress
- many therapy directory profiles of countless therapists list expertise in everything but never mention marriage specifically. Or worse, every therapist listed claims to work with relationships even if they have never seen one or ONLY work with individuals
- you (and couples) can tell our website is run and managed by professionals in the field, with strong endorsements from key couples experts like Sue Johnson, Ph.D, Scott Stanley, Ph.D. and many others. We are working on building really robust, solid couples information to couples in addiction to the main directory. This information will be vetted by professionals, not IT professionals looking for any and all website traffic, even if the content is not high quality.
- many therapists, and websites, mention divorce but never the word "marriage", or allude to hope, making it hard for couples to know if the therapist may be dangerous to their marriage
- journalists contact OUR therapists for stories because it's clear our therapists aren't just random therapists but experienced, trained, and have something to say on the topic of marriage!
We take the work out of finding the best marriage therapist by educating couples on what to look for in good marriage counseling and then offering them YOUR services.
Perks to Marriage Friendly Therapy Membership:
- Low cost ($20/month or $240/year, and access to clients you truly enjoy working with)
- We personally review your profile, welcome you as an individual, answer your questions (human to human, not 800 numbers and customer service attendants)
- Our very unique message helps BRAND YOU, so even if a couple finds you elsewhere, when they Google your name (which they will do), a listing on our site marks you as a high quality therapist
- Media love our therapists. Check out a few of the stories our therapists were quoted in (and there are many, many more) Washington Times and Chicago Tribune.)
- We are a trusted referral source for countless clergy, marriage educator agencies, physicians, professionals, and as a true testimony, our OWN THERAPISTS send their loved ones to Marriage Friendly therapists across the country because they trust this Registry
- See more benefits to joining.
Since we launched in USA Today in 2005 we have been given prestigious recognition:
- The Harvard Mental Health Letter listed us as just one of just two resources to refer couples for therapy. The other was AAMFT.
- The National Extension Relationship and Marriage Education Network, funded by the federal government, has listed us, along with AAMFT, as a resource for couples who need therapy. Here's what they wrote: "The National Registry of Marriage Friendly Therapists was developed to help marriages by linking couples with the most highly qualified therapists in the country."
- foryourmarriage.org, a national, high ranking, well advertised, highly regarded marriage website lists us as the only source for marriage counseling
Still have questions? Contact Us about any question you have. Feel free to watch the videos below!
I have received at least six new referrals this year from marriage friendly therapy. This means approximately $3,000-$6,000 extra income that I would not have received otherwise. The ads give a very professional and pro-[commitment] image. Thank you for providing this excellent service to marriages and therapists. -Kent R. Brand
I have truly appreciated the opportunity to distinguish myself from other therapists who "see couples" vs being skilled and specifically trained therapist in couples counseling. Belonging to this referral network has helped me specialize my practice, allowing me to do the work I love most - helping couples repair and strengthen their relationships. Thank you.
- Karen Barry, M.F.T., LMFT
I think the National Registry of Marriage Friendly Therapists is a fantastic resource. I recently used it as a resource to find a therapist for the husband of a couple I am seeing who I decided should do some intensive individual therapy work - but I wanted to make certain it was someone who I could implicitly trust even though I didn't know the therapist personally because I could have confidence about the person being supportive of the marriage work I was doing with the couple because they were a member of the Registry - Rob Scuka, Ph.D.
From one of the many emails we receive from couples:
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your website and therapist referral. I found your website about 6 months ago when I was desperately searching for ways to save my marriage and regain the type of relationship our marriage deserved. I was immediately attracted to the name of your website because I wanted to meet a therapist that was pro-[commitment]. I found [a therapist] and after 6 months of weekly therapy, I can term our therapy as a total success. I'm so glad I found your site. My first experience with a therapist has been so positive. Thanks for posting a therapist that really listened and knew how to get the right message across. Your website has given me invaluable service. Thank you!