David H. Johnson LTD
- (847) 475-3017
- 1818 Dempster Street, Evanston, IL 60202, USA
Help Other Couples and Share this Profile:
I really enjoy working with couples. I love helping them learn the skills that are needed to have and maintain a fulfilling relationship. While attraction and falling in love just happens, maintaining love and meaning over the long haul requires some real “know how.”
In sessions, I have couples talk to each other and not through me as an interpreter. My approach allows me to see the strengths and weaknesses of each couple in real-time so that adjustments can be made immediately. For example: when couples experience “empathic listening” for the first time, it is very powerful.
Here are some of the typical issues addressed in couples therapy:
- The “way” people are talking to each other
- Taking turns; shared speaking time
- Empathic listening skills
- Mutual responsibility for all aspects of the relationship
- Connecting and teamwork
- Valuing and appreciating one another
- Addressing resentment and regrets
- Addressing conflict and power struggles
I do not believe it is my job to advise couples on life choices and values. Rather, I equip them to have meaning and fulfillment with each other. That truly is my commitment for each session and each couple. I will work with any intimate system, including, but, not limited to marriages.
I would love to get started with you and work with you to see all the new improvements take place! Call, (847) 475-3017, or email me for scheduling and/or questions. You are also welcome to visit my website, DavidHJohnsonLCSW.com, for more information.